The only requirement for membership is trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation, and agreeing to participate in the body of Christ. Members are not required to agree with all of our doctrinal positions.
Each person desiring to join the church is asked the following membership questions, which address trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation from sin, and committing to the local body of Christ.
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving his displeasure, and without hope save in his sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon him alone for salvation as he is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?